Ronaldo Says he Wants to Play with Flamengo

Despite the interest from Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, said that Ronaldo wants to play with Flamengo next season, and acknowledged that the withdrawal is a possibility if it does not recover an optimal physical condition.

The Brazilian striker, almost fully recovered from his latest knee injury, told Globo TV on Monday that his days as a player in Europe could have finished even though some major clubs still interested in chips.

Ronaldo said he had very interesting discussions with Manchester City, and Paris Saint-Germain has shown much interest, but his first choice is the Flamengo, the most popular club in Brazil.

Flamengo is the favorite, Ronaldo said. My dream is to play with Flamengo.

The phenomenon has been training with Flamengo some months ago as part of his recovery from an operation on the left knee. The 32-year-old player broke a tendon in February in a match against Milan in the Italian league, the third major injury in his career.

Much will depend on how I feel in January, Ronaldo said. I do not want to go to Flamengo only because it is my dream, or as a favor. I have to deserve it.

I know that if we do not play well, the fans at the Maracanã abuchearán me like any other player.

Ronaldo has always said that it is fan of Flamengo.

The gunner has no club after his contract expired in Milan in June. Although it is already clinically recovered from the injury, still has not recovered his physical condition.

Ronaldo admitted that might have to retire if he can not return to play at a high level.

If in January feel like something is missing, if I realize I can not play so well as before, then I will withdraw, he said. It will not work if I'm not as fast as before. And I also have to lose weight, which would be a problem if you can not do that.

Ronaldo said he wants to continue playing, but acknowledged that this decision can not take at this time.

I want to wait until January to see if I am in condition to return to wear the shirt of a team, he said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...